Software Development Engineer - Expired
|Job Title||Software Development Engineer|
|Job Advertised||8 months ago|
Software Development Engineer
Company: Vitalograph is one of the world-leading manufacturers of medical Spirometers, used in the diagnosis of respiratory disorders, and advanced high-reliability software systems used in clinical drug trials. Based in Ennis, Co. Clare for over forty years, we now wish to recruit a Software Development Engineer to join our existing R&D team.
Job Description: Software Development Engineer
Reporting to the VP of Product Development, the Software Development Engineer is responsible for the design and development of software in accordance with Vitalograph's Quality Management System. The Software Development Engineer is responsible for software specification and the design and development of some aspect of a project in the area of software development. The Software Development Engineer will have graduated with an appropriate degree qualification. In most cases the engineers will work under supervision of the VP of Product Development or Project Managers.
Duties may also include:
- Provide technical support in their areas of expertise.
- Liaison with ex-house consultants and agencies.
- Liaison with R&D, Production and Quality staff.
- Maintenance of the existing products.
- Carry out software development activities to Vitalograph's software development procedures.
- Provide support to the Product Development team.
Assessment will be based on:
- Ability to perform the duties specified effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to complete all aspects of a given task timely, and to a high standard.
- Quality of design and development work in his/her area of expertise.
- Quality and effectiveness of support given to staff within R&D and the company as a whole.
- Ability to communicate effectively with those he/she works with both in and ex-house.
- Ability to work with others in a spirit of good will and cooperation.
- A degree in a software engineering or related discipline.
- Desktop and Server Database knowledge.
- Knowledge of the full development lifecycle.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Experience with C#, .NET and associated frameworks.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and TFS.
- Experience with SQL Server and SQL Server Express.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV to careersatvitalographdotie