- The role: Data Engineer (SQL/Python/Spark)
- Business: Leading Global Digital Marketing
- Contract: 6 months with possibility of extension
- Salary: £60k to £64k basic - paid weekly, PAYE (WITHIN IR35)
- Location: Hybrid in Farringdon, London, UK (min 2 days in the office - non-negotiable)
- Visa sponsorship/relocation is NOT available
- Solid, proven SQL experience. With the ability to write complex SQLs across platforms.
- Solid hands-on experience in Python/PySpark/Scala / ability to manipulate data using Pandas, NumPy, Koalas etc, and using APIs to transfer data.
- 4+ years of experience as a data engineer.
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in distributed data technologies (ie. Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark)
- Ideally 2+ years of experience with Cloud based technologies – Databricks, AWS EMR, S3, Azure Blob Storage, Notebooks etc. Familiarity and usage of different file formats in batch/streaming processing i.e., Delta/Parquet/Avro/ORC etc.
- Experience working as an architect to design large scale distributed data platforms.
- Working experience with CI/CD tools i.e., GitHub, Jenkins etc.
- Working experience with open source orchestration tools (ie. Apache AirFlow / Azkaban etc)
The next step:
Apply today with CV or LinkedIn profile for immediate review. All communications will be treated in the strictest of confidence by Dan at Principle.