Software Development Engineer (Embedded) - Expired
|Job Title||Software Development Engineer (Embedded)|
|Location||Clare, Republic of Ireland|
|Job Advertised||6 months ago|
Software Development Engineer (Embedded)
Company: Vitalograph is one of the world's leading manufacturers of cardio-respiratory medical devices, used in the diagnosis of respiratory disorders, and advanced high-reliability software systems and analytics used in clinical drug trials. Based in Ennis, Co. Clare for over forty years, we now wish to recruit a Software Development Engineer (Embedded) to join our existing R&D team.
Role: This role requires someone with a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in embedded software/firmware, but a graduate engineer will also be considered. The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team and be eager to learn new technologies. Experience of developing software for stand-alone instruments is essential, experience in the medical device area is desirable. An honours degree in an engineering discipline (preferably electronics) or related field is essential.
- Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
- Strong knowledge of microprocessor based architecture with the ability to interpret circuit diagrams
- Experience in code-debugging, performance profiling and optimization, using In-Circuit Emulators.
- Experience with both 8 Bit (Atmel, MSP) 16bit or 32bit microprocessors, ARM or equivalent
- Good knowledge of the software development life-cycle including lean & agile processes
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of USB, CompactFlash/SD and Bluetooth specifications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols
- Experience in mobile communications and BT development