R&D Sustaining Engineer - Expired
|Job Title||R&D Sustaining Engineer|
|Location||Clare, Republic of Ireland|
|Job Advertised||4 months ago|
R&D Sustaining Engineer
Company: Vitalograph is one of the world-leading manufacturers of medical Spirometers, used in the diagnosis of respiratory disorders, and advanced high-reliability systems used in clinical drug trials. Based in Ennis, Co. Clare for over forty years, we now wish to recruit a R&D Sustaining Engineer to join our existing R&D team.
Role: R&D Sustaining Engineer
Reporting to the Vice President of Product Development, this role requires someone who has recently graduated with a degree in engineering, science or quality/regulatory. They will be responsible for modifications of devices post release to market, for the purpose of maintaining device quality and compliance, as well as reducing cost and increasing yields. They will be part of a multi-disciplinary project team, working under the co-ordination of a Project Manager.
- Act as a link between R&D and RA, to determine what Standards and Regulatory Requirements our existing devices need to comply with.
- Determine the gaps in our Design History File, and work with R&D and RA to address these gaps.
- Work with R&D/RA to review new and updated standards to determine their impact on existing devices.
- Work with RA/R&D to determine new and updated Regulatory Requirement and determine their impact on existing devices.
- Give input to R&D Engineering on Regulatory and Standard Requirements for new and updated devices.
- Review existing products for potential product improvement and cost reductions. Work with R&D, Supply Chain, and other departments on implementing the product improvements and cost reductions as identified.
- Liaise with Production, Materials, Quality, Sales and Marketing staff as required.
- Liaise with ex-house consultants, agencies and test houses as required.
- This role would suit a graduate with a third level qualification (level 6 or higher) in a Science, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering, Quality/Regulatory discipline, or someone with proven experience in quality assurance or regulatory assurance within a regulated industry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to absorb information calmly and have excellent skills to analyse & synthesise data.
- Good project planning and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and oral / written communications skills.
- Good scientific and logical attitude.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrable high-quality report and documentation presentation skills, with effective clarification notation.
- Pro-active, with proven ability to work under own initiative, while being a strong team player.