Customer Service/Data Processing Agent - Expired
|Job Title||Customer Service/Data Processing Agent|
|Location||Clare, Republic of Ireland|
|Job Advertised||about 1 month ago|
Customer Service/Data Processing Agent- Permanent Position
Company: Vitalograph is one of the world-leading manufacturers of medical Spirometers, used in the diagnosis of respiratory disorders, and advanced high-reliability software systems used in clinical drug trials. Based in Ennis, Co. Clare we now wish to recruit a Customer Service/Data Processing Agent to join the Site Support Services Team.
Reporting to the VP of CT Support Services the Customer Service/Data Processing Agent will be required to provide excellent customer service by resolving customer queries/issues in a professional and timely manner. When customer service activities are not required the agent will assist in other site support service departments in the processing or analysis of data from company medical devices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing customer support services in a timely fashion in relation to the use of Vitalograph systems by clinical trial sites and study monitors.
- Taking ownership of investigation and resolution of individual issues.
- Providing customer support across time zones with use of translation/interpretation services.
- Logging & updating all identified support issues on internal ticketing services
- Provide regular reports on calls, emails and actions in accordance with Vitalograph procedures.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and technical teams to provide solutions to issues that meet customer expectations.
- Monitoring of data reports and taking action where necessary.
- Understanding and explaining of Vitalograph systems used across projects.
- Updating logs & trackers based on routine activity.
- Managing external user access for systems and services.
- Supporting the delivery of internal & external training.
- Supporting the creation, review and approval of project documents.
- Creation and review of work instructions for the resolution of issues that may arise.
Other Duties may include:
- The quality checking of files from company medical devices.
- Analysis/QA/Audit of audio recordings.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good IT skills - including use of MS Office or equivalent (excel/word/outlook).
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Attention to detail with capability for high levels of focus and concentration for long periods.
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Understanding of issue management and root cause analysis.
- Customer service experience.
- Problem solving in a work environment.
This position will be subject to successful completion of training programmes that will be conducted in-house.
Hours of work: Rotating Shift (Day/Evening)
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV to careersatvitalographdotie