Chief Financial Officer SME - Expired
|Job Title||Chief Financial Officer SME|
|Salary||Pension , Bonus and Car(option)|
|Location||Cavan, Republic of Ireland|
|Job Advertised||4 months ago|
My client is a long established and highly successful business based in Cavan.
The Group companies include motor industry focused businesses both in B2B and B2C channels with ancillary businesses in Retail Hardware and an Agricultural Machinery distribution business. The group turnover is in the region of €45m.
The CFO will provide strong support and leadership to the Managing Director and Senior Management Group from a financial, strategic, and commercial/growth perspective whilst ensuring operational excellence, financial control and compliance with legal obligations, company policies and procedures.
- Oversee the company's fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, auditing and compliance
- Full ownership of company P&Ls, Balance Sheets and Monthly Management Accounts
- Supervision of finance personnel
- Treasury Management
- Manage working capital and cash flow position of the Group.
- As a Management Team member, prepare and present reports with pertinent information and analysis to aid in decision making, influence business development and identify growth opportunities and choices for the business.
- Present the financial position and performance of the company to the Management Team accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with IT staff to maintain and develop financial systems and controls in the Company to ensure compliance with all statutory reporting obligations
- Be a key contributor to decision making regarding strategy, profitability and the general structure of margin requirements.
- Provide commercial perspective on agreements with suppliers, banks, legal representatives, auditors, insurance companies and other external partners and advisors.
- Prepare, support and help implement the strategic, annual, and operating plans developed by the Management Team.
- Prepare and develop reports and KPI's essential in the management and supervision of individual departments
- Mentor and coach finance team members
- Foster a safe and healthy work environment by participating in Health and Safety protocols
- Professionally qualified accountant with a proven track record in a management role in an Irish SME
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an analytical mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Strong leadership, organisational and communication skills
- Board experience reporting to and participating in strategic planning, budgeting and execution
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Strong negotiation, financial analysis and reporting skills
- 7 years plus finance experience in Ireland/Northern Ireland would be an advantage
- Excellent people management, relationship building and leadership skills
- Strong IT skills are a given - Microsoft 365, Excel experience essential.