Aviation Support Engineer - Expired
|Job Title||Aviation Support Engineer|
|Job Advertised||almost 5 years ago|
Aviation Support Engineer
You will be working on front-line engineering support tasks in a cross-functional feature team using agile methodologies to deliver new requirements and improvements to one or more of our products. They range from a wireless inflight entertainment system, a state of the art electronic flight bag, a digital document library and authoring system, an enterprise synchronisation platform and real-time flight tracking software. You will be working alongside talented project managers and software engineers. You will be communicating with our customers, tracking issues and responsible for providing timely resolutions. You will be responsible for the continual improvement of our engineering support processes.
Our server software is built on the JVM and exposes rich RESTful APIs that are consumed by our mobile clients, our single page web apps and airlines. The server stack includes: Spring, Hibernate, Guice, MySQL, MongoDB. We build and automate with Gradle and deploy to AWS. Our web stack includes: Bootstrap, Sass, AngularJS, Grunt, Bower.
What you need
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent practical hands on experience
- 3 years professional experience in a related job or rockstar graduate programme
- Experience providing frontline engineering customer support
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experience with Java, OO design, unit testing
- Comfortable on a *NIX shell
- Familiarity with AWS
- Understanding of software configuration management and release management
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Experience with nagios, monit and other monitoring tools
- Experience with diagnosing and exposing performance bottlenecks
- Experience with at least one automation focused scripting language
- Some knowledge or experience developing or integrating with RESTful XML/JSON API'S
- Experience with a relational database and object relational mapping technologies e.g. MySQL and Hibernate
- Gradle, Maven, git, continuous integration
- Linux and Java application server experience: Jetty, Tomcat, WildFly
- Agile Software Development: Scrum / XP / Kanban, TDD, pair programming, short release cycles
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo
Leading Innovative tech company who develop mobile apps and enterprise software for airlines all around the world. They also create systems and mobile apps to entertain passengers in-flight, and provide real-time monitoring of aircraft for flight operations.
Competitive compensation package, a truly dynamic work environment with trust and autonomy
A chance to deliver modern mission critical systems
Apply now and send your CV for immediate review - this is a pretty interesting tech company.
Elaine | email@example.com | 01 603 5071