Assistant Accountant (Non-Profit Org)
|Job Title||Assistant Accountant (Non-Profit Org)|
|Location||Dublin City Centre, Dublin|
|Job Advertised||19 days ago|
My client is a non-profit organisation based in Dublin 2. They specialise in working with government and philanthropy to transform social services to support people in leading self-determined lives.
We are recruiting a Financial Assistant/Assistant Accountant who combines the ability and experience of a accounts professional with a desire to work in the NFP/NGO sector.
To help ensure smooth day-to-day running of financial operations, in line with our financial operating procedures, and to aid with general finance duties. Reporting directly to the Chief Finance Officer. This role is within the administration function of the organisation.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day deliverables in addition to cyclical financial tasks. These include, but are not limited, to:
* Credit control - monitor accounts payable and prepare fortnightly payment run.
* Invoicing funders in line with grant agreements.
* Reconciling bank, petty cash and credit card accounts.
* Data entry (invoices, credit notes, bank & credit card transactions, and journals) into INSHIP, SAGE 50 & FLUXX (Grant payments system & associated transactions).
* Processing monthly staff expense claims for payroll.
* Preparing Payroll for Payroll Provider.
* Manage funds from an array of funders.
* Keeping various budget trackers up to date.
* Ensure month end tasks are completed in a timely manner for month end cut off.
* IT - assist in management of outsourced contract with IT Support Provider. Point of contact for organisation of new/replacement Laptops/mobile phones + other IT equipment.
* Support GDPR framework and compliance with GDPR.
* Assist in:
o Preparation of monthly management accounts for two entities.
o Budget variance analysis.
o Preparation for quarterly Finance Audit and Risk Committee.
o Planning and preparation for annual statutory audit and funder audits.
o Reporting to funders.
o Compliance with Companies Registration Office, Charities Regulatory Authority, Central Statistics Office and the Revenue Commissioners.
o Ad hoc spreadsheet work and analysis as required to support the team.
o Other work as required to support the Chief Finance Officer.
Qualifications: The successful candidate should be a recently qualified or part-qualified accountant/accounting technician (IATI, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
Experience: Ideally 2+ years' experience in a finance function.
Competencies required for this role:
* Well-organised and able to prioritise workload to tight deadlines and execute tasks with appropriate attention to detail
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Understanding of systems of Internal Control and importance in a regulated sector
* Strong proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and SAGE 50 or another similar financial package
* Strong analytical, numerical, and organisational skills
* An interest in social services and systems change
* Capacity to take on new work areas outside of core competencies
Salary scale: €30,000 to €32,500.
Other benefits: 27 days annual leave (exclusive of bank holidays). 7% Pension contribution by Employer on completion of probationary period.